Food and drink carton recycling
You cannot use your kerbside recycling to dispose of your food and drink cartons. You should take your empty food and drink cartons to one of our carton recycling banks.
You can use the banks to recycle cartons such as those used for long-life milk, fresh soups and fruit juices.
They accept paper-based tubes with metal ends, such as gravy granule tubs, hot chocolate tubs, and Pringles tubes.
Please note that the banks no longer accept paper-based takeaway coffee cups.
There are 14 locations to choose from, including supermarket sites and some of our car parks.
When you take your food and drink cartons to the recycling bank, you should:
- wash, squash and put the lids back on cartons
- only put paper-based liquid food and drinks cartons in the recycling bins
We are trialling food and drink carton recycling until June 21 2021.
We will be:
- measuring the volume of cartons we collect
- checking the loads do not contain items that the contractor cannot accept or process
We are running the trial in partnership with:
- the Alliance for Beverage Cartons
- Printwaste Recycling
When the bins are full, our contractor will:
- empty them
- take them to a dedicated carton recycling facility in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
Find out how food and drinks cartons are recycled and what they turn into next on the Ace UK website.
|Earls Colne Village Hall||Earls Colne|
|Station Approach car park||Braintree|
|Sainsbury's car park||Braintree|
|Tesco Marks Farm car park||Braintree|
|Tesco Great Notley car park||Braintree|
|Coggeshall football club||Coggeshall|
|The Old Depot||Great Yeldham|
|Chapel Street car park||Halstead|
|Village Hall||Steeple Bumstead|
|The Victory Inn pub||Wickham St Paul|
|Newlands car park||Witham|
|Morrison's car park||Witham|