You can report your missed bin up to three working days after your collection date.
If you report a missed bin in this timeframe, we will collect it within two working days.
If you report it after three working days we can take up to seven working days to collect it and we do not guarantee that we can pick it up.
You can report your missed bin online
To report a missed bin you will need to tell us:
- your names, address and contact details
- what bin we haven’t collected
Before you report a missed bin
Before you report a missed bin you should:
- check our service update information for any disruptions to our collection service
- check your collection calendar to make sure your bin was out for collection on the right day
- make sure that your bins and sacks were out at your collection point by 7:00am on oyur collection day, but no earlier than the evening before
- make sure your bins and sacks were out at the correct collection point. The collection point for wheeled bins, food bins and clear sacks is normally the front boundary of your property
- check that if we didn’t empty your green bin or food bin, there wasn’t anything contaminating the bin such as refuse, soil and so on
- check that if we didn’t collect your clear sacks, they didn’t contain any items that we cannot collect for recycling
If there was adverse weather conditions or cars blocking access into your road, leave your bins and clear sacks out. Our collection crew will return as soon as they are able to access your road.
After you report a missed bin
Once you report a missed bin, our Customer Service team will speak to our collection crews. We aim to collect missed bins within two working days of it getting you report it.
Keep informed and sign up for alerts
You can find out about changes and updates to our service by
- signing up for text message reminders
- registering for email updates on recycling, refuse, street cleaning and horticulture
You can also follow us on: