You should report vehicles that are causing an obstruction or parked in a dangerous position to the Police.
You can use our online form to report a vehicle that you think has been abandoned.
We can investigate reports of an abandoned vehicle if it:
- appears to have no owner
- is in a poor or unroadworthy condition
- has not been moved for at least 2 weeks
- has been vandalised or set on fire
To report an abandoned vehicle you will need to tell us:
- your name, address and contact details
- the vehicle registration number
- the make model and colour of the vehicle
- where it is
- what condition it’s in
- the time and date that you noticed it
To check that a vehicle has been taxed and has an MOT, visit the gov.uk website.
Once we receive your report within one working day we will investigate:
- if the vehicle is taxed
- has a current MOT
After this, we will:
- put a sticker on the vehicle to show it has been reported as abandoned
You can also report an untaxed vehicle to the DVLA.