Grey wheeled bin
If your bin has been lost or damaged you can request a new one by filling in the form below.
What can go in:
- Any general household waste that cannot be composted or recycled.
- All food waste.
- Sanitary products.
- Plastic wrapping.
- Sweet wrappers and crisp packets.
- Polystyrene packaging.
- Porcelain and ceramics.
What can't go in:
- Bricks, rubble, bags of concrete, plasterboard, asbestos etc.
- Commercial, industrial or clinical waste.
- Car/motorbike parts, tyres etc.
- House clearances.
- Sheds, coal bunkers, garage doors, oil tanks.
- Hazardous waste such as car batteries, pesticides etc.
For more details on what can and cant go in your grey wheeled bin view our Recycling and Refuse directory
Check that rubbish can't be recycled or composted before putting it in your grey bin. Only waste contained within the bin will be collected.
Don't use full sized refuse sacks; smaller parcels in kitchen bin liners and carrier bags take up less space.
To find out where your refuse goes once its collected visit the recycling for Essex website.
Please note that leaving bins and/or waste out is in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. Your wheeled bins should be stored securely within the boundary of your property between collections and put out for collection earliest the night before and latest by 7am on the day of your collection.