Grey wheeled bin
If your bin has be lost or damaged you can request a new one by filling in the form below.
What can go in:
- Any general household waste that cannot be composted or recycled.
- All food waste.
- Sanitary products.
- Plastic wrapping.
- Sweet wrappers and crisp packets.
- Polystyrene packaging.
- Porcelain and ceramics.
What can't go in:
- Bricks, rubble, bags of concrete, plasterboard, asbestos etc.
- Commercial, industrial or clinical waste.
- Car/motorbike parts, tyres etc.
- House clearances.
- Sheds, coal bunkers, garage doors, oil tanks.
- Hazardous waste such as car batteries, pesticides etc.
Check that rubbish can't be recycled or composted before putting it in your grey bin.
Only waste contained within the bin will be collected.
Don't use full sized refuse sacks; smaller parcels in kitchen bin liners and carrier bags take up less space.
To find out where your refuse goes once its collected visit the recycling for Essex website.