- Back button/Page style
- Planning document information
An infrastructure and utilities assessment provides details of the existing infrastructure and utilities at your proposed development site.
You must submit an agricultural statement for any application that is a major development.
The statement you submit should include an executive summary and be clear, easy to read and jargon free.
Your infrastructure and utilities assessment must incude details of
- the existing infrastructure such as health, libraries, waste, education
- the utilities on site such as electricity, foul drainage capacity and broadband
You can get help and advice from our Duty Planner on an infrastructure and utilities assessment and other types of planning applications.
You can get detailed feedback on your proposal by using our pre-application advice service.
Personal and confidential statement
We may publish any information you submit as part of your application. You must tell us if there is any information you do not want us to publish when you submit your application.
If however, we believe that this information is in the public interest, we reserve the right to publish it.
We may also decide parts of your submission are not in the public interest and may redact this information. This information may include telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures.
- When you need to submit this information
Depending on the details of your application, you may have to submit a contamination risk assessment when you are making an application for:
- Advertising consent
- Agricultural development
- Certificate of lawful use for a proposed development
- Certificate of lawful use for an existing development
- Change of use
- Commercial, industrial and non-residential
- Demolition of an unlisted building
- Discharge of conditions
- Householder planning consent
- Listed building consent
- Non-material amendment
- Outline permission with all reserved matters
- Outline permission with some reserved matters
- Permission in principle
- Prior approval
- Prior notification
- Removal or variation of conditions
- Reserved matters
- Residential new build
- Technical details consent
If your application is for one of these types of planning permission, you need to submit an infrastructure and utilities assessment if your proposal is for a major development.
- Validation requirements
- National requirement. You can find details of this requirement in the National Planning Policy Framework
- Local requirement. You can find details of this requirement in:
- Local plan review policy RLP3
- Local plan review policy RLP90
- Local plan review policy RLP161
- Core strategy policy CS9
- Core strategy policy CS10
- Core strategy policy CS11
- Draft local plan policy SP1
- Draft local plan policy SP6
- Draft local plan policy LPP1
- Draft local plan policy LPP44
- Draft local plan policy LPP50
- Draft local plan policy LPP55
- Draft local plan policy LPP82