- Back button/Page style
- Application type information
You will need to apply for listed building consent if you want to:
- demolish a listed building
- alter or extend a listed building in a manner which would affect its character as a building of special architectural or historic interest
You may also need listed building consent for any works to separate buildings within the grounds of a listed building.
You should check with us if you need listed building consent. It is a criminal offence to carry out work which needs listed building consent without obtaining it beforehand.
You can get help and advice from our Duty Planner on listed building consent and other types of planning applications.
You can get detailed feedback on your proposal by use our pre-application advice service.
- Documents that are always required
You must submit the following as part of your planning application:
- Documents that are sometimes required
Depending on the details of your application, you may have to submit one or more of the following documents and information:
- Members and employees; On your application you must tell us if you are a Member of Braintree District Council or employed by us. We will determine any applications from Members or employees at a Planning Committee meeting.
- Amendment statement; needed if you are applying for revisions to an approved application
- Joinery details; needed if your application is for work on a listed building
- Site levels; needed if your application:
- is to amend a condition that refers to site levels
- is to discharge a condition that refers to site levels
- is to remove or vary a condition that refers to site levels
- is a proposal where there is a change in levels which would have a material effect in the locality
- Structural survey; needed if your application:
- is for a listed buildings where the structural condition of the building requires it
- is for a building to be converted to a new use
- involves substantial demolition