- Back button/Page style
- Planning document information
Each type of planning permission has its own application form.
If you do not complete the correct form, we will not validate your application.
The Planning Portal has a step by step guide to help you pick the right form.
You can submit your application online through the Planning Portal or by downloading, printing and completing a paper form.
The simplest way to submit your application is online via the Planning Portal.
Registration is easy and you can complete your application form, upload supporting documents and pay fees online.
The benefits of applying online are:
- you can work on your application in draft before making your final submission
- we receive your application immediately
- you receive an immediate acknowledgement of your application
- you save on postage and printing costs
- there is online help function to use when you are completing your application
If you submit a paper application you must:
- submit one copy of the completed application form
- submit one copy of each of the supporting documents
- answer all sections and questions
- sign and date the declaration
- provide your full contact details as the applicant
- provide full details of the agent if you are using one
You may have to make an additional application, if your proposed development includes making a new vehicle access or lowering a kerb.
You can get help and advice from our Duty Planner on application forms and planning applications.
You can get detailed feedback on your proposal by using our pre-application advice service.
Personal and confidential statement
We may publish any information you submit as part of your application. You must tell us if there is any information you do not want us to publish when you submit your application.
If however, we believe that this information is in the public interest, we reserve the right to publish it.
We may also decide parts of your submission are not in the public interest and may redact this information. This information may include telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures.
- When you need to submit this information
You must complete the correct form when you are making an application for:
- Advertising consent
- Agricultural development
- Certificate of lawful use for a proposed development
- Certificate of lawful use for an existing development
- Change of use
- Commercial, industrial and non-residential
- Demolition of an unlisted building
- Discharge of conditions
- Householder planning consent
- Listed building consent
- Non-material amendment
- Outline permission with all reserved matters
- Outline permission with some reserved matters
- Permission in principle
- Prior approval
- Prior notification
- Removal or variation of conditions
- Reserved matters
- Residential new build
- Technical details consent
- Validation requirements
- National requirement. You can find details of this requirement in the National Planning Policy Framework