- Application type information
You can make an application for outline planning permission. This allows us to make a decision on the general principles of how you propose to develop the site.
If we grant outline planning permission, we will make it subject to conditions requiring further approval of one or more reserved matters.
You can get help and advice from our Duty Planner on outline permission with some matters reserved and other types of planning applications.
You can get detailed feedback on your proposal by using our pre-application advice service.
- Documents that are always required
- Documents that are sometimes required
Depending on the details of your application, you may have to submit one or more of the following documents and information:
- Members and employees; On your application you must tell us if you are a Member of Braintree District Council or employed by us. We will determine any applications from Members or employees at a Planning Committee meeting.
- Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) You will need to make a HRA RAMS contribution if your proposed development is for:
- a residential development for a net gain of one or more new dwellings
- in our zone of influence
- Information to support the matters that have been reserved: