- Back button/Page style
- Planning document information
A foul sewage assessment provides details of the system your are proposing for your development.
The statement you submit should include an executive summary and be clear, easy to read and jargon free.
Your foul sewage assessment must include details of the proposed alterations, replacement or new sewage system.
We recommend that you discuss your proposal with Anglian Water before you make your application. They will check there is capacity within the existing network for the flows needed for your development.
You can get help and advice from our Duty Planner on a foul sewage assessments and other types of planning applications.
You can get detailed feedback on your proposal by using our pre-application advice service.
Personal and confidential statement
We may publish any information you submit as part of your application. You must tell us if there is any information you do not want us to publish when you submit your application.
If however, we believe that this information is in the public interest, we reserve the right to publish it.
We may also decide parts of your submission are not in the public interest and may redact this information. This information may include telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures.
- When you need to submit this information
Depending on the details of your application, you may have to submit a foul sewage assessment when you are making an application for:
- Advertising consent
- Agricultural development
- Certificate of lawful use for a proposed development
- Certificate of lawful use for an existing development
- Change of use
- Commercial, industrial and non-residential
- Demolition of an unlisted building
- Discharge of conditions
- Householder planning consent
- Listed building consent
- Non-material amendment
- Outline permission with all reserved matters
- Outline permission with some reserved matters
- Permission in principle
- Prior approval
- Prior notification
- Removal or variation of conditions
- Reserved matters
- Residential new build
- Technical details consent
If your application is for one of these types of planning permission, you need to submit foul sewage assessment if your proposal:
- is for a major development
- is to create a new foul sewage system
- is to change or replace an existing foul sewage system
You only need to submit an agricultural statement for residential new build, if your proposal is for agricultural workers dwellings.
- Validation requirements
- National requirement. You can find details of this requirement in the National Planning Policy Framework
- Local requirement. You can find details of this requirement in:
- Local plan review policy RLP3
- Local plan review policy RLP90
- Local plan review policy RLP161
- Core strategy policy CS9
- Core strategy policy CS10
- Core strategy policy CS11
- Draft local plan policy SP1
- Draft local plan policy SP6
- Draft local plan policy LPP1
- Draft local plan policy LPP44
- Draft local plan policy LPP50
- Draft local plan policy LPP55
- Draft local plan policy LPP82