- Back button/Page style
- Planning document information
A car parking and access plan sets out the parking provision on your proposed development.
Your car parking and access plan must be a site layout plan showing:
- where existing car parking spaces will be removed
- where new car parking spaces will be made
Your plan must be drawn to a scale of 1:100, 1:200 or 1:500
You should refer to the Essex County Council Parking standards 2009 before making your car parking and access plan.
You should also find details of other transport related matters on our draft travel plan and travel assessment pages.
You can get help and advice from our Duty Planner on car parking and access and other types of planning applications.
You can get detailed feedback on your proposal by using our pre-application advice service.
Personal and confidential statement
We may publish any information you submit as part of your application. You must tell us if there is any information you do not want us to publish when you submit your application.
If however, we believe that this information is in the public interest, we reserve the right to publish it.
We may also decide parts of your submission are not in the public interest and may redact this information. This information may include telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures.
- When you need to submit this information
Depending on the details of your application, you need to submit a car parking assessment when you are making an application for:
- Advertising consent
- Agricultural development
- Certificate of lawful use for a proposed development
- Certificate of lawful use for an existing development
- Change of use
- Commercial, industrial and non-residential
- Demolition of an unlisted building
- Discharge of conditions
- Householder planning consent
- Listed building consent
- Non-material amendment
- Outline permission with all reserved matters
- Outline permission with some reserved matters
- Permission in principle
- Prior approval
- Prior notification
- Removal or variation of conditions
- Reserved matters
- Residential new build
- Technical details consent
You only need to submit a car parking and access plan if your proposal will result in:
- an increase in parking provision on the development site
- a decrease in parking provision on the development site
- Validation requirements
- National requirement. You can find details of this requirement in sections 9 and 12 of the National Planning Policy Framework
- Local requirement. You can find details of this requirement in:
- Local plan review policy RLP3
- Local plan review policy RLP56
- Local plan review policy RLP90
- Core strategy policy CS9
- Draft local plan policy LPP1
- Draft local plan policy LPP6
- Draft local plan policy LPP45
- Draft local plan policy LPP50
- Draft local plan policy LPP55
- Essex County Council Development management policy DM8
- Essex County Council Parking standards 2009