Premises licence

Variation of Designated Premises Supervisor

Any premises supplying alcohol under a Premises licence must have a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) . The role of the DPS is to supervise alcohol sales.

The DPS does not have to be the Premises licence holder, although this may sometimes be the case.

The DPS is the point of contact for the premises at all times for:

  • licensing authorities
  • the police
  • fire services

You cannot make any alcohol sales on a licensed premises without a DPS.

Apply to vary a Premises license to specify an individual as DPS

You need an individual's consent to be a DPS.

Consent to be the DPS

You can contact our Licensing team if you have any questions about Designated Premises Supervisors. 


Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today