Premises licence

Check if you need a Premises Licence

You will need a premises licence if you want to use your premises to sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or sell late night refreshments.

You will need a premises licence if you want to use your premises to:

  • sell alcohol

  • provide regulated entertainment

  • sell hot food between 11pm and 5am (late night refreshments)

You can find out more about entertainment licensing on GOV.UK

We grant premises licences to a named licence holder. Where the licence includes the sale of alcohol, it must specify a Designated Premises Supervisor, who must also hold a Personal Licence.

Licences are normally subject to conditions such opening times and age identification policies.

If we grant your licence, it will be valid unless you surrender it or we revoke it.

Although you do not need to renew your licence each year, you will need to pay an annual fee. You will need to pay the fee on the same date as when we granted your licence.

The fee is set by the Government. They link it to the rateable value of the premises

If you fail to make the payment, we may suspend your licence. 

Additional information

GOV.UK has more information on alcohol licensing.

You can look at our online registers for:


Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today