Street trading licence

Street trading consent exemptions

You do not need a Street trading consent if you are:

  • a pedlar with a pedlar's certificate issued by a police authority
  • a market trader operating at a licensed market venue
  • a news vendor selling only newspapers and periodicals
  • trading at a petrol station
  • a roundsman with regular customers
  • part of a charity collection where you have a valid permit

If you are trading on private land you may not need a Street trading consent. You can contact our Licensing team to discuss if you need a Street trading consent. The landowner may need planning permission and should contact our Planning team.


Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today