Pay or challenge a parking fine (PCN)
Challenge a parking fine
You can challenge a parking fine online by filling out the parking partnership online form.
All challenges must be made within 28 days of the parking ticket being issued.
If you make your challenge within 14 days of the date it was issued and your challenge is rejected, the discount period will be reset for a further 14 days. Please do not pay a parking fine (Penalty Charge Notice) if you intend to appeal.
To challenge a parking fine you will need:
- the 10-digit parking fine (PCN) number
- your vehicle registration number
What can I get a parking ticket for?
Parking fines are also known as Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) and you may receive a penalty charge notice if you:
- Park in areas where loading/unloading restrictions apply
- Park for longer than the time paid for.
- Park in a resident's parking space without displaying a valid permit.
- Park in a reserved bay e.g. disabled bay, taxi rank unless authorised to do so.
- Park in a bus stop or bus lane during the prohibited hours.
- Park not wholly within a bay.
These are just a few of the most common contraventions.