The North Essex Parking Partnership is a partnership between Essex County Council and six district and borough councils in North Essex.
Colchester Borough Council leads the partnership and bring together all street-based parking services across North Essex on behalf of Essex County Council. This includes lines, signs, parking restrictions, on-street parking enforcement and the management of residential permit schemes.
Find out about the partnership on the North Essex Parking Partnership website.
We have a separate arrangement with the North Essex Parking Partnership for them to carry out:
- ticket machine maintenance
- parking permit/season ticket administration
- parking enforcement in its Pay and Display car parks
The benefits of this include:
- 3PR parking scheme to make parking around schools safer
- MiPermit: 24/7 cashless parking
- Safer roads with less congestion
- fair, consistent and transparent parking enforcement process
- provision and administration of on-street permit parking schemes
- educational programmes that promote safe, considerate and legal parking
- Parksafe camera cars, which focus on dangerous, careless or inconsiderate parking
- removal of vehicles in certain circumstances