The North Essex Parking Partnership is a partnership between Essex County Council and six district and borough councils in North Essex.
Colchester Borough Council leads the partnership and bring together all street-based parking services across North Essex on behalf of Essex County Council. This includes lines, signs, parking restrictions, on-street parking enforcement and the management of residential permit schemes.
Find out about the partnership on the North Essex Parking Partnership website.
Find out about the North Essex Parking Partnership Joint Committee for On Street and Off Street Parking.
We have a separate arrangement with the North Essex Parking Partnership for them to carry out:
- ticket machine maintenance
- parking permit/season ticket administration
- parking enforcement in its Pay and Display car parks
The benefits of this include:
- 3PR parking scheme to make parking around schools safer
- MiPermit: 24/7 cashless parking
- Safer roads with less congestion
- fair, consistent and transparent parking enforcement process
- provision and administration of on-street permit parking schemes
- educational programmes that promote safe, considerate and legal parking
- Parksafe camera cars, which focus on dangerous, careless or inconsiderate parking
- removal of vehicles in certain circumstances