Street scene customer charter
Street Cleansing Service Standards
Braintree District Council is committed to providing the best possible service to all its customers. This Customer Charter sets out the standards of service you can expect from us in relation to street cleansing and will enable you to tell us if we are performing well or if we need to improve.
- Clear all waste generated on market days at the end of the trading day.
- Keep the streets and open spaces within the District substantially free of litter and refuse (in accordance with EPA code of practice).
- Clear litter hotspots within 1 working day of it being reported.
- Remove fly-tipping within 1 working day of it being reported.
- Respond to reports of fly-posting within 5 working days.
- Remove graffiti within 5 working days of it being reported.
- Remove offensive graffiti within 1 working day of it being reported.
- Clean the town centres daily (including Saturdays and Sundays).
- Sweep all parishes which are on a scheduled list 4 times per year
- Empty litter and dog bins to ensure that they do not overflow. Except Coggeshall and Great Notley Garden Village who empty their own bins.
- Respond to requests for litter bins within 14 days.
- Investigate reports of abandoned vehicles within 24 working hours of receiving a report.
- Remove any genuinely abandoned vehicles within 10 working days of receiving a report.