Skip to content
Skip to main navigation
Street scene customer charter
What we aim to do
- Clear all waste generated on market days at the end of the trading day.
- Keep the streets and open spaces within the District substantially free of litter and refuse (in accordance with EPA code of practice).
- Clear litter hotspots within 24 hours of it being reported.
- Remove fly-tipping within 24 working hours of it being reported.
- Respond to reports of fly-posting within 5 working days.
- Remove graffiti within 5 working days of it being reported.
- Remove offensive graffiti within 1 working day of it being reported.
- Clean the town centres daily (including Saturdays and Sundays).
- Sweep the channels (gutters) in all parishes 4 times a year.
- Empty litter and dog bins to ensure that they do not overflow.
- Respond to requests for litter bins within 14 days.
- Investigate reports of abandoned vehicles within 24 working hours of receiving a report.
- Remove any genuinely abandoned vehicles within 9 working days of receiving a report.