Coronavirus (COVID-19)

See our dedicated coronavirus webpage for changes and updates to our services, how to get help in your community and support and advice for businesses.

All coronavirus information
Student, Service and Overseas Electors

Student, Service and Overseas Electors

Student and Service Electors


As a student you can register at both your term time address as well as your home address - you must not however vote in more than one Constituency at a UK Parliamentary or European election. You can vote in more than one Local Government election provided that your addresses are in  Different Council areas.

Service Personnel 

As a member of HM Forces, you do not have to register annually as you may be posted away from your home address during the annual canvass.

You will need to complete an online registration by going to ,which will register you for five years.

You may also wish to consider nominating a Proxy to vote on your behalf as you may be posted when an election is called.