Student, service and overseas electors


Students can register to vote at their term-time address and their home address.

General elections

If you are a student you can only vote in one constituency at a General election.

Local elections

If your home address and university address are in different areas you can:

  • vote from your home address
  • vote from your university address

Members of HM forces

Members of HM forces can register to vote at GOV.UK.

Your registration lasts for five years as you may be away from home during the annual canvass.

You may also wish to nominate a proxy to vote on your behalf as you may be away from home on a polling day.


Electoral Registration Officer and Returning Officer

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today