Student, service and overseas electors

Register as an overseas elector

British nationals living abroad can register to vote as an overseas elector. å

This means that you can vote on general elections and referendums. 

You can register as an overseas elector on GOV.UK 

Your registration will be valid for up to 15 years from the date you were last registered in the UK. 

To register, you will need your : 

  • National Insurance number 
  • date of birth 
  • passport number 
  • Passport office 
  • date of issue 

How to vote as an overseas elector 

Registered overseas electors can vote: 

  • at their designated UK polling station 
  • by post 
  • by proxy 


Electoral Registration Officer and Returning Officer

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 552525