Voting and electoral registration
Registering to vote
How to Register
If you are
- age 18+
- all British, Commonwealth, Irish and other European Union citizens
- overseas electors - members of HM Forces and their spouses, crown servants employed outside the United Kingdom
- European citizens are allowed to vote in European and Local Elections only
- overseas Electors are allowed to vote in Parliamentary and European Elections only
Please note: Registering for Council Tax does not automatically register you on the electoral register.
What will I need to register?
Each applicant will be asked to give their:
- date of birth
- national insurance number.
Student, Service and overseas electors
Find out more information on registering to vote if you are a student, service and overseas elector.
or telephone the Elections Team on 01376 552525.