Register to vote
Registering to vote
The deadline to register to vote in the General Election is 26th November 2019.
How to Register
You can register to vote on GOV.UK.
If you are
- age 18+
- all British, Commonwealth, Irish and other European Union citizens
- overseas electors - members of HM Forces and their spouses, crown servants employed outside the United Kingdom
- European citizens are allowed to vote in European and Local Elections only
- overseas Electors are allowed to vote in Parliamentary and European Elections only
Please note: Registering for Council Tax does not automatically register you on the electoral register.
What will I need to register?
Each applicant will be asked to give their:
- date of birth
- national insurance number.
Student, Service and overseas electors
Find out more information on registering to vote if you are a student, service and overseas elector.
or telephone the Elections Team on 01376 552525.