Section 1 Examination Publication Local Plan
Further Work For The Inspector
Further (Draft) Evidence Base Documents: Published July 2019
The North Essex Authorities have prepared the revised evidence base documents and the additional Sustainability Appraisal which appear below, in response to the Inspector’s interim findings on the Section 1 Plan (see the Inspector’s post-hearing letter of 8 June 2018, document IED011). The NEAs have also prepared a full set of suggested amendments to the Section 1 Plan in response to discussions at the previous Examination hearing sessions; in response to the Inspector’s interim findings; and in response to the findings of the revised evidence base. The suggested amendments also appear below.
All the documents published on this webpage are subject to approval by the elected members of the three North Essex Authorities, at meetings to be held between 11 July and 6 August. Subject to approval by the elected members, the NEAs intend to hold a full public consultation on the revised evidence base documents, the additional Sustainability Appraisal and the suggested amendments, from mid-August until the end of September 2019. Comments and representations on the documents should not be made and will not be accepted until the public consultation opens. Everyone who has previously made representations on the Section 1 Plan will be informed of the consultation.
After the consultation has closed and the responses have been considered, the Inspector intends to hold further hearing sessions as part of his examination of the soundness and legal compliance of the Section 1 Plan. These will include discussion of the revised evidence base documents, the additional Sustainability Appraisal and the NEAs’ suggested amendments, and the responses to them made during consultation. Those responding to the consultation will be invited to indicate whether or not they wish to appear at further hearing session(s).
- SD/001/a Additional Sustainability Appraisal of North Essex Local Plan S1 - Summary of Draft Findings
- SD/001/b Additional Sustainability Appraisal of North Essex Local Plan Section 1 - Main Report (96Mb)
- Appendix to Additional SA - Workshop record (84Mb)
- Appendix to Additional SA - Comments made in Response to Methos Scoping Statement Consultation
- Appendix to Additional SA - Detailed Results of Stage 1c SA of Alternative Strategic Sites
- Appendix to Additional SA - Detailed Results of Stage 2 SA of Alternative Spatial Strategies
- Appendix to Additional SA - Urban Form and Sustainability: A Review of the Evidence Base for Linking the Urban Form of New Development and Sustainability Outcomes
- Appendix to Additional SA - Identification of Spatial Strategy Alternatives
- Appendix to Additional SA - Reasons for rejection or endorsement of alternative spatial strategies
- Appendix to Additional SA - Site Information Forms
- EB/079 North Essex Rapid Transit System: from Vision to Delivery
- EB/080 Modal Share Strategy for the North Essex Garden Communities
- EB/081 Employment Provision for the North Essex Garden Communities
- EB/082 North Essex Authorities: Build Out Rates at the Garden Communities
- EB/083 Habitats Regulations Assessment North Essex Authorities Strategic S1 Local Plan
- EB/084 North Essex Authorities: Delivery Mechanisms Position Statement
- EB/085 North Essex Authorities: State Aid Position Statement
- EB/086(1/2) North Essex Authorities Section 1 Viability Assessment Update
- EB/086(2/2) North Essex Authorities Section 1 Viability Assessment Update Appendices
- EB/087 North Essex Authorities Infrastructure Order of Costs Estimate
- EB/088 North Essex Garden Communities: Infrastructure Planning, Phasing and Delivery
- Suggested Amendments to the Publication Draft Braintree, Colchester and Tendring Local Plans: Section One - July 2019
Additional Sustainability Appraisal (SA) work in support of the Section 1 Local Plan.
SA methodology Consultation 14th December 2018 - 5pm 1st February 2019. The document and the responses received can be viewed on the consultation portal.
SA Check and Challenge Workshop 28th March 2019 - Meeting Note & Presentation slides.
Updated 18th July 2019