Section 1 Examination Publication Local Plan
Further Work For The Inspector
North Essex Authorities - Section 1 Technical Consultation
The North Essex Authorities are undertaking a Technical Consultation on the Additional Sustainability Appraisal, additional evidence base documents and the suggested amendments to Section 1. The Inspector has produced an Explanatory Note (IED016) to accompany the Consultation which runs until 5pm on Monday 30th September 2019.
A response form with guidance notes can be downloaded and returned.
Further (Draft) Evidence Base Documents: Published July 2019
The North Essex Authorities have prepared the revised evidence base documents and the additional Sustainability Appraisal which appear below, in response to the Inspector’s interim findings on the Section 1 Plan (see the Inspector’s post-hearing letter of 8 June 2018, document IED011). The NEAs have also prepared a full set of suggested amendments to the Section 1 Plan in response to discussions at the previous Examination hearing sessions; in response to the Inspector’s interim findings; and in response to the findings of the revised evidence base. The suggested amendments also appear below.
All the documents published on this webpage were approved by the elected members of the three North Essex Authorities, at meetings held between 11 July and 6 August 2019.
After the consultation has closed and the responses have been considered, the Inspector intends to hold further hearing sessions as part of his examination of the soundness and legal compliance of the Section 1 Plan. These will include discussion of the revised evidence base documents, the additional Sustainability Appraisal and the NEAs’ suggested amendments, and the responses to them made during consultation. Those responding to the consultation will be invited to indicate whether or not they wish to appear at further hearing session(s).
- SD/001/a Additional Sustainability Appraisal of North Essex Local Plan S1 - Summary of Draft Findings
- SD/001/b Additional Sustainability Appraisal of North Essex Section 1 Local Plan: Executive Summary
- SD/001/b Additional Sustainability Appraisal of North Essex Section 1 Local Plan: Non-Technical Summary
- SD/001/b Additional Sustainability Appraisal of North Essex Local Plan Section 1: Main Report (33328Kb)
- Appendix 1 to Additional SA - Method Scoping Statement Consultation Responses
- Appendix 2 to Additional SA - Workshop Record (84709Kb)
- Appendix 3 to Additional SA - Evidence Review on Urban Form
- Appendix 4 to Additional SA - Site Information Forms
- Appendix 5 to Additional SA - Detailed Results of Stage 1 SA of Alternative Strategic Sites
- Appendix 6 to Additional SA - Identification of Spatial Strategy Alternatives
- Appendix 7 to Additional SA - Detailed Results of Stage 2 SA of Alternative Apatial Strategies
- Appendix 8 to Additional SA - Reasons for Rejection or Endorsement of Alternative Spatial Strategies
- EB/079 North Essex Rapid Transit System: from Vision to Delivery
- EB/080 Modal Share Strategy for the North Essex Garden Communities
- EB/081 Employment Provision for the North Essex Garden Communities
- EB/082 North Essex Authorities: Build Out Rates at the Garden Communities
- EB/083 Habitats Regulations Assessment North Essex Authorities Strategic S1 Local Plan
- EB/084 North Essex Authorities: Delivery Mechanisms Position Statement
- EB/085 North Essex Authorities: State Aid Position Statement
- EB/086(1/2) North Essex Authorities Section 1 Viability Assessment Update
- EB/086(2/2) North Essex Authorities Section 1 Viability Assessment Update Appendices
- EB/087 North Essex Authorities Infrastructure Order of Costs Estimate
- EB/088 North Essex Garden Communities: Infrastructure Planning, Phasing and Delivery
- Suggested Amendments to the Publication Draft Braintree, Colchester and Tendring Local Plans: Section One - July 2019
Additional Sustainability Appraisal (SA) work in support of the Section 1 Local Plan.
SA methodology Consultation 14th December 2018 - 5pm 1st February 2019. The document and the responses received can be viewed on the consultation portal.
SA Check and Challenge Workshop 28th March 2019 - Meeting Note & Presentation slides.
Updated 19th August 2019