Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme

If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living in the UK after 30 June 2021.

Apply online at GOV.UK
Report Benefit Fraud

Report Benefit Fraud

Report Online or via a dedicated phone line

Report online

Please fill out the report benefit fraud online form, all information you provide will be treated with strict confidentiality.

Report using the dedicated phone line

Braintree District Council have a dedicated answer phone line for people to report any suspicions they may have about fraud, whether related to Housing or Council Tax Benefit or any other Council business.

This may, for example, include instances where a person is claiming Benefit but has not declared income or that they are working.

The telephone number is 08000 740405.

What information shall I report? 

If you wish to report benefit fraud please state as much information as you can about the suspected fraudsters like their name, address, what they are doing and anything else you think we should know.

If you believe a person is living at a property undeclared, whether it be with a partner or by subletting, information such as vehicle registration plates, personal details and physical descriptions of the unknown occupant can also aid us with our enquiries.

Will the information I provide be kept confidential?

Any information provided will be kept in strictest confidence and we will not reply to you unless you wish us to do so; your personal email details will be deleted.