Bulky waste terms and conditions
By booking a Bulky Waste Collection with us you agree to our terms and conditions.
You must pay for your Bulky Waste Collection at the time of booking. We take card payments over the phone.
If you have made your booking at our concession price, you will need to show evidence of your means tested benefit claim to us before we collect your items. You can provide evidence of your means benefit either to the driver or bring it to the Customer Service Centre at Causeway House. If you do not provide satisfactory evidence of your benefit claim, we will not make the collection and our cancellation policy will apply.
You can book at the concessionary price if you are claiming one of the following means tested benefits:
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
- Tax Credits (Child Tax Credit and Working Tax Credit)
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support
- Social Fund (Sure Start Maternity Grant, Funeral Payment, Cold Weather Payment)
- Universal Credit
We make collections by area on weekdays only. We will confirm your collection date at the time of booking.
We make collections between 7am and 3pm. You understand that you will not be able to book a specific time slot.
It is your responsibility to make sure that:
- all items to be collected are left outside of your propery, just within your boundary line, on your collection day
- only items that we have agreed to collect are left out for collection. If we are not made aware of an item by 12pm the working day before your collection is due, it will not be collected and you will have to book and pay for a new collection for it to be taken away
- appliances are for household use only. Commercial appliances cannot be collected and no refund will be given
- all refrigeration is empty of food and the seal is removed and left inside the appliance. If food is left in the appliance, it will not be collected and no refund will be given
- all bulky waste items must be able to be lifted by two people. We will not collect any items that are too big for our collection team to lift
We will charge you for another bulky waste collection if we have to return to collect an item and you have not followed the guidelines.
Our cancellation and refund policy
You need to contact us if you want to cancel your booking, rearrange your collection or you have any questions. You must quote the booking reference when you contact us.
Rearrange your collection
To rearrange your collection speak to the Customer Service Centre by 12pm the working day before your collection is due.
To cancel your booking speak to Customer Service Centre by 12pm the working day before your collection is due. We will cancel your collection and issue a refund.