Using Public Access and troubleshooting
To use Public Access, you need to make sure the browser on your device is up to date.
Public access works with:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Mozilla Firefox 27.0
- Google Chrome 30.0
- Safari v5 on iOS and v7 on OSx 10.9
- Opera 17.0
- Windows 7
You can contact us if you having problems using Public Access.
All documents on Public Access are in Adobe Acrobat. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader version 6 or above to view documents.
Terms and conditions of use
- The plans, drawings and material have been submitted to us to apply for planning permission. They are protected by the Copyright Acts (Section 47, Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988)
- You may only use material which you have downloaded or printed for
- consultation purposes
- to compare current applications with previous schemes
- to check if a development is complete in line with approved plans
- You must not make copies without the permission of the copyright owner, such as the applicants or their agent
- We make every effort to maintain the accuracy of the information on Public Access. We cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of the information on Public Access
We use Public Access to provide access to planning applications at all times. Occasionally, we may have to take it offline to carry out essential maintenance.
The information on Public Access is limited by:
- Documents are available online within 5 working days from registration
- Decision notices and plans are available for applications received from 2000 onwards
- Documents are available for all applications from 2008
- We do not take responsibility for any errors or omissions in the planning history information obtained from Public Access
- The information on Public Access does not constitute in any way a formal notification of a planning decision. You undertake any actions taken as a result of information on Public Access at your own risk
Trouble logging in
If you forget your password you can change reset it. Follow the instructions on the change your password webpage.
The system will not tell you if you have not registered with that email address. If you are not registered you will not receive any password reset email.
If you can't see a password reset email check your spam mailbox.
If it is not in your spam mailbox contact us.
You will need to give us your:
- email address
- full name
- any other information you think would help us diagnose the issue.
We aim to resolve any user account issues as quickly as possible however if you would like to submit a comment in the meantime you may email them to us. Make sure you state the case number.