Completed Section 106 agreements, balances and projects

Town and parish council information

We aim to work with parish and town councils to deliver community benefits and improvements from public open space contributions. We look to match the where we spend the public open space contribution to the parish, ward or catchment area the development is in.

The wording of the Section 106 agreement details how we can spend the contributions. However, we encourage involvement to identify projects for the spending of public open space contributions where we can from:

  • parish councils
  • town councils
  • local council ward members

Using public open space contributions

We use our Open Spaces Action Plan to help identify areas of public open space needing:

  • improvement
  • enhancement
  • new development

Where we do not own the area we want to improve or enhance, we will make with the parish or town council about funding after we have approved the project.

Categories of public open space

You can read our supplementary planning document for full definitions of the categories.

Outdoor sports provision

This includes provision for:

  • playing pitches
  • greens and courts
  • ancillary facilities including car parking
  • changing facilities
  • landscaping

Parks and gardens

This includes:

  • play and recreation areas
  • kick-about areas
  • landscaped parks and gardens
  • planted areas
  • trees
  • footpaths and cycleways
  • seating and furniture

Amenity greenspace

This includes small landscaped areas in and around housing development that:

  • contribute to the public realm
  • the setting of the development

Provision for children and young people

This includes:

  • a range of play provision
  • seating
  • litter bins
  • cycle racks


This includes land in or around a development that gives local people the opportunity to grow their own produce.

Adding to or updating our Open Spaces Action Plan

We update our Open Spaces Action Plan annually.

We will contact you each November or December asking you for any information you want to include.

Public Open Space Contributions from Unilateral Undertakings

You can contact our Section 106 officer to ask for the current level of funding we hold for a particular parish, town or ward.

Section 106 and Unilateral Undertakings

Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525