Application and inspection process
When we receive your application for an animal activity licence, we will arrange to inspect your business.
You will need to include the correct fee with your application. You can look at our fees information to find out how much your licence costs.
A vet will accompany the inspector for:
- a new dog breeders application
- applications for hiring out horses
Following your inspection, we will give your business a risk score between 1 to 5 stars. Your risk score is based on:
- the animal welfare standards you have adopted
- your level of risk based on things like your past elements such as past compliance
- the duration of the licence, between 1 and 3 years
We will include your star rating on your licence. You must clearly display your licence on any premises you use for your business.
You can dowload an application form for a licence to: