Braintree and Witham are two historic market towns, both with traditional style markets every week set in the heart of the town centres.
We’re looking for enthusiastic traders to join our markets community, either on a Wednesday or Saturday, or both. You’ll be surrounded by local heritage, shops and churches, and also is a chance to build networks and partnerships with the business community, including residents and visitors.
To apply you will need:
- your name, address and contact details
- your email address
- measurements for your stall in metres
- your electricity requirements including:
- all electric appliances and maximum wattage
- if you intend to bring a generator with you
- a full description of the generator that includes the reason for use and decibel output
- a copy of your gas safety certificates for any gas appliances
- a copy of your health and safety policy
- a copy of your completed risk assessment or method statement
- a copy of your public liability insurance documents if you have it. This is mandatory for all traders to trade with us
You must also read our terms and conditions, as you will have to accept these before you submit your application.
We charge £6.56 per metre for our stalls at the Wednesday market:
- a 3 metre pitch is £19.68
- a 4.5 metre pitch is £29.52
- a 6 metre pitch is £39.36
- a 9 metre pitch is £59.04
A pop up stall is £11.80 at the Wednesday market.
We charge £5.74 per metre for our stalls at the Saturday market:
- a 3 metre pitch is £17.22
- a 4.5 metre pitch is £25.83
- a 6 metre pitch is £34.44
- a 9 metre pitch is £51.66
A pop up stall is £10.33 at the Saturday market.
You must pay for your pitch in cash on the day of the market.
Our Market Supervisor will come round and collect your payment.