The scheme has seen a new pedestrianised area to the High Street, Great Square, Bank Street and Market Place with new solid paving, a single level surface and all regular traffic removed (with some key exceptions).
We have used feedback we received from local businesses and residents to help develop the designs.
- 11 new silver birch trees
- 15 new litter bins have been installed
- Several new seating areas with more being installed in the future
- A series of wayfinding monoliths to celebrate town’s history and help visitors navigate the town centre
- A permanent access gate at Bank Street and permanent bollard at the bottom of the High Street
- Additional electricity points to power a greater range of market stalls
- New lighting in Market Place
CCTV that covers the town centre are being reviewed to assess performance and age. All faulty ones will be replaced.