Clear sack collections
Remember, you should not put PPE such as face coverings or gloves in your recycling sacks. You should put these in your general rubbish collection, either your grey bin or black sack.
You should read the government advice if you are self-isolating. This can be either as a precaution or because you have Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Thank you for your continued messages of support you have shared with our staff and collection crews.
How to dispose of waste if you are self-isolating or have Coronavirus (COVID-19)
If you are self-isolating, either as a precaution or because you have Coronavirus (COVID-19), you should:
- double bag all personal waste such as used tissues and disposable cleaning cloths, securely in plastic bags or bin liners
- store these bags separately to other waste for at least 72 hours. Then place them in your general rubbish collection
- treat your regular household recycling and waste as normal. You cannot place tissues in your recycling
You can visit the Love Essex website for updates on the Coronavirus impact on waste services.
When we collect
We collect clear sacks fortnightly all year.
You can find your collection dates online or on your collection calendar.
We will not collect clear sacks that have general refuse or garden waste in them.
We will not collect recycling waste that isn't in clear sacks.
Putting your clear sacks out
You should only put your clear sacks out by 7:00am on the day of your collection.
Leaving bins or waste outside of your property between collections is against the law. This comes under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
We understand that not everyone is able to bring their waste to the collection point.
We offer help where there is a genuine need. You can find out more about requesting an assisted collection.
More information on recycling
There’s lots of information on how you can reduce waste, reuse and recycle. You can:
- sign up for our newsletter
- watch this useful video on recycling around your home
- learn about recycling symbols and local bottle banks
- find local recycling sites and get the latest ideas and news on recycling in Essex