Bulky waste collection information
Items we collect
We will collect:
- all household appliances, excluding large range cookers and commercial appliances
- all household furniture
- a three piece suite, which counts as three items
- bed base and mattress, which count as two items
- table and chairs, which count as two items. A table is one item, and a set of chairs is one item
- domestic refrigerators. Please empty them of food
- bathroom suites (baths, sinks, toilets, showers), excluding tiles
- carpets must be manageable by one person or you should cut them into pieces, roll them up and tie them
- empty water tanks, excluding large tanks or where access is difficult
- garage doors
- garden furniture and patio heaters
- garden machinery
- gas fires, excluding back boilers and gas bottles
- glass, which you must contain if it is broken
- metal items, excluding stair-lifts or chairs from stair-lifts
- mobility scooters
- These must not be any larger than 8ft in length or 8ft in width.
- You must dismantle the shed into whole sides, floor and roof.
- We treat a shed as a standard collection of six items.
- If you have other items to collect as well as a shed you will need to book a large collection of 12 items.
- We will not collect a shed if the roof, or any part of it, contains asbestos
- sacks of rubbish. Up to six rubbish sacks count as one item. We only collect a maximum of six sacks per collection. Sacks must not contain food waste or anything on the list of items that we don’t collect
- trampolines; large ones must be disassembled
- windows and doors, excluding large patio doors
- wood, which you must bundle together and tie up so that it can be lifted by one person
We treat any exceptionally large pieces such as a large corner sofa, patio doors and American style fridge-freezers as two items.
Items we don’t collect
We do not collect:
- bags of concrete
- bricks and rubble
- car and motorbike parts or tyres
- commercial appliances
- commercial, industrial or clinical waste
- garden waste, trees and bushes
- gas bottles
- house clearances
- large quantities (skip load)
- liquids - waste oils, paint tins, corrosive or noxious liquids
- loose material requiring excessive handling
- oil tanks or full water tanks
- range cookers
- sheds and coal bunkers still intact
- food waste
- ride-on lawnmowers
You can recycle small Electrical and Electronic Equipment using our Electrical item recycling service.