The engagement process for the strategy has informed the action plan. This will build on the previous work that has been undertaken. We will deliver this in partnership with our communities, local businesses, partners and the government.
We will review the plan to stay up to date of changes in emissions, external influences such as national policy, legislation, and the measures available.
The initial action plan will have projects and initiatives to deliver :
- wider sustainable development
- provide sustainable transport infrastructure
- improve air quality
- protect biodiversity and habitats
- promote and improve environmental stewardship
- reduce fuel poverty
- improve the standard of housing
The action plan will be a living document. We will revise our plans as the climate and environmental emergency develops:
- funding becomes available
- new technologies emerge
- we meet targets