Joining our self-build and custom build register
If you wish to build your own home as a self-build or custom builder you need to join our self-build and custom build register
To complete the form you will need:
- your name
- your email address
- your phone number
- your current address
- your date of birth
- your address
- details about the association your working with if applicable
- details about your proposed build
- details about build funding
To complete the form you must be:
- aged 18 or over
- a British citizen, a national of an EEA state other than the United Kingdom or a national of Switzerland
- seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land for your own self-build or custom house-building.
For couples and families, please only submit one form for each plot.
Once submitting a form you can contact us if;
- you need to change your details
- you would like us to remove from our register
Types of build
Self-build can be described as projects where the self-builder directly organises the design and construction of their new home. This can include a self-builder who actually does some of the construction work themselves but also where an architect or contractor is used to build the home which the self-builder has been involved in designing.
Custom builds are more hands off and usually where a specialist developer co-ordinates the project. Both terms can be used to describe projects which can be for individuals or groups of people. They can be for private ownership or for shared ownership or rented.