Local Land Charges Fees 2021/22
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Due to the impact of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we have made changes to our local land charges service. The best way to submit documents and applications is online or by email. You can still use the letterbox at Causeway House to submit documents, which we will collect regularly.
You have to pay the correct fee for your search before we can start to work on it.
The fees on this page apply from 1 April 2021.
The LLC1 form reveals all registered Local Land charges:
- one parcel of land; £20.00
We do not charge VAT on LLC1 forms.
The CON29 is a list of enquiries from other internal and external departments:
- one parcel of land; £90.00 including VAT at 20 per cent
- additional parcels of land; £18.00 including VAT at 20 per cent
Full search (LLC1 and CON29)
A full search covering LLC1 and CON29 (R):
- one parcel of land; £128.00 including VAT at 20 per cent on the CON29 (R) form
- additional parcels of land; £24.00 including VAT at 20 per cent
These are optional enquiries:
- £24.00 including VAT at 20 per cent for each question
Common Land and Village Green Searches
This is an extra optional question on the CON29O that shows the registration or access rights of any common land or village green.
- £24.00 including VAT at 20 per cent
You have to pay us for this question, but your reply will come directly from Essex County Council.
We do not charge for personal searches as they are free of charge under the Environmental Information Regulations.