Sex establishments licence

Check if you need a sex establishment licence

We licence all sex establishments in our district under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982

You need a licence if your business provides goods or entertainment that are sexually explicit or of a sexual nature. This includes:

  • sexual entertainment venues
  • sex cinemas
  • sex shops

As a licensed sex establishment you must not let anyone under the age of 18 on the premises, either as customers or to work.

We can also impose appropriate conditions on the premises to control how you operate your business including:

  • the appearance of the premises
  • its hours of business
  •  the content of advertising on the inside and outside of the building


Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today