Club premises certificate

Apply for a Club premises certificate

A Club premises certificate allows:

the sale of alcohol on premises licensed for the purpose

the premises to be used for regulated entertainment

the sale of late night refreshments (hot food sold between 11pm and 5am the next day)

To make an application you must:

  • complete the online application on GOV.UK
  • submit a plan of the premises
  • submit an operating schedule
  • give details of the designated premises supervisor (DPS) if applicable
  • pay the correct fee
  • advertise the application in the local press and also on the premises


Once we receive your application, we will:

  • acknowledge it within three working days

  • hold a consultation for 28 days, allowing for representations

  • carry out site visits

You should allow at least two months from the date you apply until we determine if we are going to grant the licence.


We will give you express notice of whether or not we have granted your licence. We can only notify you once we have carried out all of our site visits.

You cannot deem that we have granted your licence if we do not make a decision within a specific time.

If we receive any representations, we will take the application to the Licensing Committee for councillors to consider. We will then notify you of their decision.

If we do not grant your licence, we will not refund your fee.

If we do not receive any representations, we will grant the licence.

If we grant your licence, it will be valid unless you surrender it or we revoke it.

Although you do not need to renew your licence each year, you will need to pay an annual fee. You will need to pay the fee on the same date as when we granted your licence.


Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today