- Back button/Page style
- Planning document information
Telecommunication supporting information gives specific detail of the proposal.
The report you submit must:
- confirm that development is by, or on behalf of , a telecommunications operator and will be used by the operator's telecoms systems (Class A of Part 16 of the General Permitted Development Order)
- provide evidence that you have considered between 3 and 5 other sites and why you discounted them. If no other sites are suitable, you still need to clearly show this.
- provide evidence that you have considered the use of an existing mast, building or structure has been considered
- include a statement that the proposed mobile phone base station, when operational will meet ICNIRP guidelines
- confirm the frequency and modulation characteristics, and details of power output in relation to antenna
The report you submit should include an executive summary and be clear, easy to read and jargon free.
You can get help and advice from our Duty Planner on telecommunication supporting information and planning applications.
You can get detailed feedback on your proposal by using our pre-application advice service.
Personal and confidential statement
We may publish any information you submit as part of your application. You must tell us if there is any information you do not want us to publish when you submit your application.
If however, we believe that this information is in the public interest, we reserve the right to publish it.
We may also decide parts of your submission are not in the public interest and may redact this information. This information may include telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures.
- Application that always need this document
You must always submit a telecommunication supporting information if your application is for;
You do not have to submit telecommunication supporting information if your proposal is covered by permitted development or needs prior approval.
- Validation requirements
- National requirement. You can find details of this requirement in section 115 of the National Planning Policy Framework
- Local requirement. You can find details of this requirement in: