Data security and retention
Keeping information secure
We hold all information about you in a secure way.
We will only make your personal information available to those who have a right to see it. Our security measures include:
- access controls on databases and systems
- security training for all staff
- appropriate physical security at our offices and facilities
If you require any further information, you can contact us for a copy of our Information Security Policy.
We keep data for different periods of time depending on
- the reason you are providing information to us
- we are legally required to keep personal data indefinitely
We will tell you how long we keep your personal information for when you first contact us about your transaction. In general, we only keep data only for as long as we need it. This means we will delete your personal data when we no longer need it.
Our Data Retention Policy explains the retention periods for all information we hold. You can contact us for a copy of our Data Retention Policy.
Transfer of data abroad
We make sure your rights are still protected if we transfer personal data to countries or territories outside the European Economic Area.
We do this by using systems that give equal protection of personal rights through either:
- international agreements
- contracts approved by the European Union