Help and support

Help and support for Council Tax

We understand the unprecedented situation we are in is a worrying time for residents and businesses. We are committed to doing everything we can to support you through this period.

Like everyone else, we are facing an impact on our finances. This means we can’t give reduction or holidays from your Council Tax payments. If we receive extra additional Government funding to do this, we will then pass it on.

If you are experiencing financial problems, there are some options open to you.

Local Council Tax Support

If your household is on a low income, we may be able to reduce your Council Tax bill through the Local Council Tax Support. You can find out how to apply for this and other support on our main Council Tax page

You can’t apply if you have savings of over £16,000.

Pay over 12 months

To help reduce your monthly payments you might prefer to pay your bill over 12 months instead of over 10 months. You can contact our Council Tax team to find out how to do this.

Apply for Universal Credit

Universal Credit can help you with your living costs if you’re on low income or out of work. You can find out if you can apply on GOV.UK.

If you have any other questions about your Council Tax you can contact our Council tax team.

We are receiving a high number of calls as a result of COVID-19 so please bear with us. We deal with emails in date order and we will contact you as soon as we can.


Council Tax

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 557755

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today