You can attend a classroom-based refresher training session. This takes 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete. We deliver this as a group session. Each session has the capacity for up to 3 people. There may be some occasions where we can deliver this on an individual basis.
The certificate costs £50 per person to take.
We are flexible and will work with you to find a suitable date for the training. You can contact us to discuss your requirements or for any queries.
We design our refresher training is to maintain and improve the standard of MiDas. You must attend refresher training every four years to keep your qualification.
Our trainers attend refresher training where they receive new information and training resources.
We have two experienced Driver Assessor Trainers who are Braintree District Council employees. To offer you the highest level of training we work with no more than two people at a time. The training takes place in Braintree in one of our in-house accessible vehicles. This is a 12 seater converted Renault Master.
You must pay in full when you have agreed a training date.
During refresher training you will:
- Meet and share experiences with other drivers
- Undertake a driving assessment
- Offer feedback on the scheme. This will influence the future development of MiDas and refresher training sessions
- Receive new information on changes to legislation since you last attended MiDas training.
- Recieve new information on the best practice since you last attended MiDas training.
- Receive refresher training on key MiDas training topics
- Have the opportunity to ask any questions about MiDas
- Take a theory test assessment at the end of your refresher training.
After you have completed the refresher training, you will receive a new certificate. This is valid for another four years. At the end of this period you will need to attend the refresher training session again.
Issuing of Certificate
When you complete the course, we will present you with the MiDas certificate. This certificate is valid for 4 years.