What is MiDas training?
MiDas is the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme. It is a membership based scheme that promotes a UK wide standard for the assessment and training of minibus drivers. The scheme aims to enhance minibus driving standards and safe operation of minibuses.
MiDas applies to any organisation operating or using minibuses. As a local authority, we have a fleet of minibuses that MiDas applies to.
To apply for the course, you must:
- be between the ages of 21 and 70. If you are over 70, you can apply if you take a full medical examination.
- hold a full, current driving license
- Hold a category D1 entitlement on your driving license
Benefits of the course
Benefits of taking the MiDas course include:
- enhanced passenger safety and improved passenger comfort
- increased driver confidence
- boosts your organisations image
- potential savings in insurance and running costs
- nationally recognised certified standard