Challenge a parking fine
You can challenge a prking fine (PCN) online.
You must challenge the parking fine within 28 days of the issue date on the PCN.
If you make your challenge within 14 days of the issue date on the PCN, but it is not successful, you will have a further 14 days to pay the discounted fine.
You should not pay a parking fine that you are challenging.
To challenge a parking fine you will need:
- your name, address and contact details,
- the 10 digit PCN number (you can find this on the front of your PCN)
- your vehicle registration number
Reasons for getting a parking fine
You may receive a penalty charge notice if you:
- park in areas where loading/unloading restrictions apply
- park for longer than the time paid for
- park in a resident's parking space without displaying a valid permit
- park in a reserved bay such as a disabled bay, taxi rank unless you have authority
- park in a bus stop or bus lane during the prohibited hours
- park not wholly within a bay