Our district has some fantastic settings for filming and photography.
You must contact us to get permission if you want to use any of our locations in our district for your film or shoot.
Parks and Open Spaces
You need to contact our Parks team if you want to film or take commercial photographs in one of our parks and open spaces. Our parks team will send you an application form on which you will need to tell us:
- what type of shoot or performance you want to hold
- what the filming, photo shoot or performance is about
- the dates you are looking to film or hold the performance
- the size of the film crew
- for a performance, the size of the crew and the likely audience size
- details of any equipment you will be using
- what vehicles you will be using
You will also need to provide a copy of your public liability insurance before we can give you permission.
As a minimum, you must make your request at least 24 hours notice in advance.
If you are looking for multiple dates, or if you need street closures, you will need to give us more notice.
You can contact us for more information if you want to use one of our off-street or multi-storey car parks as a location or for parking vehicles involved with the production.
You can contact us for more information if you want to use one of our properties for your shoot or production.
Public roads and paths
You need to contact Essex County Council if you
- want to film or perform on public roads or paths
- if your filming or performing affects public roads or paths
Town or parish councils
Depending on where you want to film or perform, you may need to contact the town or parish council. You can find out who to speak to from our list of town and parish council contacts.