You must apply to us for a licence if you want to perform as a hypnotist at a venue in our district.
You must make your application in writing to us at least 28 days before the date you are planning to perform.
If you are performing at the same within three years of a previous performance without any problems occurring, we may reduce the notice period. We will also reply to your application within 7 to 10 days.
Either you or your agent must sign your application.
When you send us your application you need to include:
- The real name and stage name of the person performing
- the address of the person performing
- the name, address and date of their last three performance
You must also include a statement as to whether, or not the hypnotist has previously:
- been refused, or had withdrawn, a consent by any licensing authority
- been convicted of an offence under the Hypnotism Act 1952
- been convicted of an offence involving the breach of a condition regulating or prohibiting the giving of performance of hypnotism on any person at a place licensed under the Licensing Act 2003 or any other place
You must give full details of any instances where any of these apply.
As conditions of your licence:
- no poster, advertisement or programme for performance of hypnotism which is likely to cause public offence shall be displayed, sold or supplied by or on behalf of the licensee either at the premises or elsewhere.
- every poster, advertisement or programme for the performance which is displayed, sold or supplied shall include, clearly and legibly, the following statement: “Volunteers, who must be aged 18 or over, can refuse at any point to continue taking part in the performance.”