Gambling licensing

If you want to operate a gambling activity you need:

  • a Personal licence
  • an Operating licence
  • a Premises licence

The Gambling Commision issue Personal and Operating licences.

We are the authority responsible for approving or rejecting applications for Premises licences in respect of:

  • betting offices
  • race tracks
  • casinos
  • bingo halls
  • adult gaming centres
  • family entertainment centres

We are also responsible for the issue of permits for gaming machines in Members' Clubs and Licensed Premises.

We issue licences and permits in line with our Gambling Licensing Policy. Our policy is a statement of the principles we apply when we decide to approve or reject licence applications for gambling outlets.

You can download and read a copy of our policy.

You can contact our Licensing team if you have any questions about gambling licences or our Gambling Licensing policy.


Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today