Caravan site licences


There are some sites and organistaions that do not have to hold a Site licence including:

  • incidental use within the curtilage of a dwelling.
  • a single caravan for not more than two nights and 28 days in any 12 months.
  • holdings of five acres or more if not used for more than 28 days in any 12 months and a maximum of three caravans at a time.
  • sites occupied and supervised by exempted organisations and used for the purpose of recreation.
  • sites of up to five caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members for recreational purposes.
  • meetings organised by exempted organisations.
  • sites occupied by a local authority.
  • sites for temporary and special purposes such as agricultural and forestry workers, building and engineering sites and travelling showmen.
  • gypsy sites occupied by county councils.

The exempt organisations include:

  • The Caravan Club
  • The Camping Club of Great Britain and Ireland
  • The Scout Association
  • The Girl Guides Association


Address: Causeway House
Bocking End

Telephone: 01376 552525