Why become an Apprentice?
Being an apprentice can help you get your career started by giving you a combination of real work experience and qualifications. Combining on the job training with study means you can earn while you learn. With some apprenticeships you can even get a degree!
- You can gain experience in many different areas
- You will achieve a nationally recognised NVQ
- Further opportunities for progression and development will be provided for you, such as training courses and workshops
- You will be earning a wage whilst you learn
- There are opportunities to work independently and within teams
- It provides you with the opportunity to get your foot in the door in a real working environment
Finding an apprenticeship
The main place to search for an apprenticeship is on the National Apprenticeship Service website which will show you the apprenticeship vacancies in your local area or you can search for a specific role.