Council Tax bands

You can view the full list of Council Tax bands for each parish within our district.

Your Council Tax bill includes a precept for Essex County Council to fund adult social care. You can find out more about adult social care from Essex County Council.

All dwellings have to pay Council Tax including mobile homes and houseboats. The amount of tax you pay depends on the band your home has been placed in by the Valuation Office Agency. You can make an appeal if you think your Council Tax band is wrong.

Newly Built Properties

If you move into a newly built property there may be a delay before the Valuation Office Agency allocate the band.

We cannot calculate your Council Tax bill until The Valuation Office Agency tell us what band your property is in.

We offer the option to pay on an estimated band so you don’t have to pay a large bill later in the year.

You can contact us to tell us what band you think your property may fall into. We will calculate the charge and send you a bill.

Once we receive notification from the Valuation Office Agency of the actual band we will re-calculate your bill including any payments you have made. You should be aware that the actual band may be higher than the band you estimated.


Council Tax

Address: Causeway House,
Bocking End,

Telephone: 01376 557755

Green and grey text saying tell me more with a white email icon in a green speech bubble

Stay connected

Sign up for our email newsletter to get service updates and the latest news.

Sign up today