Guidance for Ukrainian guests
Support available from the government
The government have support and advice pages and services for:
- British nationals who need assistance in the Ukraine
- British nationals concerned about Ukrainian family members
- A ‘week one guidance’ to services Ukrainians may need in their first week in the UK
- Immigration information for Ukrainians with what you need to do to confirm your immigration status, how to demonstrate your status to access work, and the benefits and services you are entitled to.
Ukrainian nationals in the UK can also contact 0808 164 8810 if you need assistance.
Welcome pack for Ukrainians arriving in the UK
The UK Government has produced a welcome pack for Ukrainians arriving in the UK. The guide includes information on what Ukrainians need to know in the first few days, getting used to life in the UK including how to find a home, access to essential public services, healthcare, finding work and childcare and education services. It also includes specific information for those arriving on the Homes for Ukraine scheme.
- Homes for Ukraine factsheet for Ukrainians in English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK in English, Ukrainian and Russian
Some references to ‘local authority’ within the toolkit relate to Essex County Council, not us.
Local welcome pack
We have also produced a welcome pack for Ukrainian arrivals in the Braintree district so they can access local information and support.
Community group support
The Essex Is United Facebook page has been established by Essex County Council working in collaboration with The Essex Public Health Team and local Facebook admins. You can find up-to-date information about collections local to you, and the latest lists of items needed.
Community meet up events are running until the end of the year for Ukrainian guests, families and sponsors to give an opportunity to provide a support mechanism through meeting others. Full details can be found on our web page.