Parishes Number of Parish Councillors to be elected Alphamstone
Ashen Five Belchamp Otten Four Belchamp St Paul Seven Belchamp Walter Seven Birdbrook Seven Black Notley Nine Bradwell Seven Bulmer Seven Bures Hamlet Seven Castle Hedingham Nine Coggeshall (North Ward) Seven Coggeshall (South Ward) Seven Colne Engaine Seven Cressing Nine Earls Colne Eleven Fairstead Three Faulkbourne Two Feering Nine Finchingfield (Finchingfield Ward) Six Finchingfield (Cornish Hall End) Three Foxearth Five Gestingthorpe Seven Gosfield Nine Great Bardfield Seven Great Henny Three Great Maplestead Seven Great Notley Eight Great Yeldham Nine Greenstead Green & Halstead Rural (Greenstead Green Ward) Four Greenstead Green & Halstead Rural (West Ward) Three Hatfield Peverel Thirteen Helions Bumpstead Seven Holy Trinity (North Ward) Three Holy Trinity (South Ward) Three Kelvedon Twelve Lamarsh Three Liston One Little Henny One Little Maplestead Five Little Yeldham Six Middleton Three Ovington Two Panfield Seven Pebmarsh Five Pentlow Five Rayne Eleven Ridgewell Seven Rivenhall Seven Shalford Seven Sible Hedingham Thirteen Silver End Thirteen St Andrews (North Ward) Three St Andrews (South Ward) Three Stambourne Seven Steeple Bumpstead Nine Stisted Seven Sturmer Six Terling Eight The Sailings Six Tilbury Juxta Clare Three Toppesfield Seven Twinstead Three Wethersfield (Blackmore End Ward) Three Wethersfield (Wethersfield Ward) Six White Colne Seven White Notley Seven Wickham St Paul Six Witham (Central Ward) Two Witham (Hatfield Ward) Two Witham (North Ward) Four Witham (South Ward) Four Witham (West Ward) Four
- Nomination papers may be obtained from the offices of the Returning Officer during office opening hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
- Completed nomination papers must be delivered by hand to the Returning Officer during office opening hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm on Tuesday 4 April 2023), from the date of this notice but not later than 4pm on Tuesday 4 April 2023.
- If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday, 4 May 2023 between the hours of 7am and 10pm.
- Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 12 midnight on Monday 17 April. Applications can be made online https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 18 April 2023 to be effective for this election.
- New applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5 pm on Tuesday, 25 April 2023.
- Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election, applied for on the grounds of a medical emergency or for work/service reasons (occurring after 5pm on Tuesday, 25 April), or the form of acceptable photographic identification you were intending to use to vote has been lost, stolen, damaged, destroyed, or has not yet been received if applied for recently must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Thursday, 4 May 2023.
- For the purposes of paragraphs 1,2,4,5,6 and 7 above, the address of the Returning Officer and Electoral Registration Officer is Causeway House, Bocking End, Braintree, Essex, CM7 9HB. The Returning Officer’s staff can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on (01376 552525).